Going to a fall themed potluck and not sure what to bring? While everyone is busy making casseroles and brownies, this classic banana bread recipe will have everyone grabbing a slice with their coffee!
I served my banana bread on an antique hand embroidered linen that I picked up at a local auction.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and set aside
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla together
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Gradually pour the egg and vanilla mixture into the butter mixture until incorporated
- Add bananas to the mixture
- Add flour mixture until incorporated
- Fold in walnuts
- Transfer mixture into buttered loaf pan and cook for 55 minutes
- Cool bread completely before wrapping in plastic
- Enjoy with coffee or tea!