My first post restoring my blog was obviously going to be about cake! So I really want to share this recipe I found and tested for you to try at home too 🙂
I don’t want to say that this is the BEST pumpkin cake recipe but everyone that received a piece gave rave reviews! The pumpkin cake is topped with a toffee sauce and chopped walnuts. The ingredients are simple and straightforward and it is the perfect dessert for a fall dinner party.
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter (room temp)
2 cups sugar
4 eggs (room temp)
3 cups flour
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
15 oz can of pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup light brown sugar
handful of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- In a second bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the butter mix, alternating with pumpkin, but beginning and ending with flour. Make sure to beat just until ingredients are combined.
- Add in vanilla and pour batter into the cake pan.
- Let cook for 50 min-1 hour (depending on your oven). Then let cake cool and remove from pan.
- To make the sauce, bring the heavy whipping cream, brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Then pour this into a glass measuring cup and put it in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, pour over cake and top with chopped walnuts.