Zucchini Boats Ingredients:
- 5 medium zucchini
- 16 oz package of pork sausage
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 8 oz package of shredded mozzarella cheese
To make the zucchini boats:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut zucchini in half and hollow out the inside, still leaving a bit of flesh, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Brown the sausage in a pot and remove when cooked.
- Use the drippings from the sausage to cook the garlic, onions, peppers. Add the salt, pepper, basil and oregano to the pot and cook until onions are soft.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and the cooked sausage back to the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Fill the zucchini with the meat mixture and top with shredded cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Sweet Potato Wedges Ingredients:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (sliced into wedges)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
To make the potato wedges:
- Preheat oven to 425F and place your baking sheet in the oven to preheat as well.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, place potato wedges and toss with olive oil, then pour the cornstarch mix over the wedges to coat them evenly.
- Take heated baking sheet out of the oven, add potato wedges and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and toss, then place back into oven for about 10 more minutes.
I like to add some salt and pepper on top of the cooked wedges to give them more kick 🙂